We had another big snow this weekend. As Matt ran out to the store and I made chocolate chip cookies, I noticed these two cardinals outside our kitchen window. I have seen them before but I guess against the snow is when they really stand out. I could not help but think of two of our pets that we lost this summer. I know you are probably thinking... this girl is losing it, but I immediately thought of Gus and Banyan. It felt like they were out there on that branch looking in. They hung around until the sun went down and then showed up again on Saturday. I told Matt that I felt like those two cardinals were Gus and Banyan and he laughed at me, and then looked out the window at them for a long while without saying anything. I started crying and then he laughed at me again. I think he felt it too.
I never blogged about losing them because it has just been too hard to put into words. It is still pretty hard and we miss those two so much!!
And if they really are the cardinals, we hope they come back soon to look in on us.
We love you Gus and Banyan...
that is so sweet and so sad! great pictures! I did not really have a relationship with gus like we had with Banyan! Such great pets!
ReplyDeleteHow Poetic Margaret! I think that is so sweet. It is hard to lose our pets! We know about that too! Love ya!
ReplyDeleteI didn't realize you had lost two dogs last year. I am so sorry, Margaret. That is so hard. Thanks for sharing this!
ReplyDeletethat is so sweet margaret. i see it.
ReplyDelete