I sit here and think about how much my Mom would have loved Beckett. How she would admire the fight in him that is so much like her. She would love the love he shows in his smooches, hugs, and sweet teethy smiles. I know she would love his curls and say that he got that gorgeous hair from Matt. Then she and Matt would make some corny joke and giggle together. They definitely had a bond in their humor. One of the hardest things about losing my mom is that she will not know my children. I hate it! My faith gets rattled every time I think about losing her. I think, how could God do this? What if this is all there is? How can I have faith in something that brings me so much pain?
This same friend and I had a long discussion about faith a year or so ago and she mailed me a little frame after that that says this inside:
"When you come to the
edge of all the light you have
known and are about to
step out into the darkness,
FAITH is knowing
one of two things will happen...
There will be something to stand on
or You will be taught how to fly."
Thank you dear friend for never judging me when I was giving up hope. Thank you for helping me remember my mom today even if it is hard. And thank you for strengthening my faith just by being my friend.
I didn't know your mom nor do I know you really well, but one of my best friends lost her mother like you did to breast cancer and like your friend I bring her flowers and cards around the day as well. It's amazing how much we can miss someone that even now I am fighting tears as well not only for my friend's mom but for yours as well. But do take heart, that your mother does know Beckett(not in the exact way you do) but she is watching over you all, laughing with Matt and loving all those little things you notice about Beckett! I'll be praying for you all as I know it isn't an easy road and their is nothing that compares to your loss.
ReplyDeleteWell said Margaret -- your love for your mom shines through in what you wrote. And I do believe that her presence exists in the eyes of Penelope, josephine, beckett, addie and will. I too remember that day 4 years ago. I love you girl! Call me if you need to talk.
ReplyDeletePraying for you today Margaret. That was a beautiful post and it's so good to hear what is in your heart. Hugs and kisses to you, and that sweet sweet Beckett.
ReplyDeleteI love your honesty. That is one reason your heart is so beautiful, your mom is another. Praying for comfort and thrilled you are surrounded by sunch wonderful friends!
ReplyDelete