15 September 2009

blessed

For those of you who do not know, I will be walking 60 miles in October for Breast Cancer. That's right I said 60 miles. yikes, right? I have been training pretty hard and this weekend I completed my longest walks...18miles on Saturday and 15 miles on Sunday...whew! I am pretty sore and have quite a few blisters to show for my 33 miles :). With all this walking comes a lot of time away from home. I have to tell you that I may have the most supportive husband on the planet. He really is so so sweet about this whole thing. I mean, it takes a long time to walk 18miles and Matt has always been happy to help in anyway he can. He and Beckett walked the first 5 with me on Saturday. Then Matt took care of Beckett while Jennifer and I walked a little over 6 more(thanks Jennifer :)). I came home, took a break and got on the treadmill for the remaining 6 or so miles. Matt fed Beckett, put him down, and did not complain once about being on daddy duty pretty much all day. Am I a lucky girl or what? For those of you who really know Matt you know what an amazing man I married. I now have two sweet boys in my everyday and all I can say is that I am truly blessed!!

3 comments:

  1. Like the new stretched out layout! Good job. You do have some wonderful boys but only b/c you are so wonderful! So proud of you for all your walking. You are doing awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you and the 60 mile walk for Breast Cancer. My best friend here in GA lost her mother to Breast Cancer and we have all talked about doing this walk also.. but found out about it too late.. I think we are going to do it next year. Good luck to you and your walking! You are doing a great job! I look forward to reading more about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! Beckett is getting so big! I love the laughing video. I'm so glad you finally caved and you did it for all the right reasons. That was my biggest reason for doing it, too.
    I'm so happy for you and your walking! So glad you have the support you need to do it. Matt is awesome.

    ReplyDelete