21 October 2009

What can 3 days do?

As many of you know, I walked in the Breast Cancer 3DAY the weekend before last in DC. My team and I walked 60 miles in just 3 days for Breast Cancer and to honor my mother who lost her life to cancer in 2006. Although my Mom did not have breast cancer, I believe that finding a cure for one cancer will lead to others. That is my hope at least. Did you know that breast cancer affects 1 in 8 women? 1 in 8!!! and the greatest risk factors for getting breast cancer is being a woman and getting older. This is devastating to me and I am so thankful that I got to be a part, raise money and awareness.

So, what can 3 days do? 3 short days can heal, make you feel like a hero, bring together old friends, foster new ones, bring hope for a cure, empower you to push yourself further than you ever thought possible, raise over $5.5 million for breast cancer research, and inspire you to keep making a difference.

Its hard to put into words how this walk has touched my life. We had a really great time and tried to keep things light as you can see by our crazy pictures. It was an incredible experience and I hope to be involved in the 3day for years to come.

My sister, Katie, and me at dinner the night before and our teamOpening Ceremonies
two of our teammates are carrying flags, "victories" & "challenges"and yes we are wearing tutu's ;)We DID it...closing ceremoniesme and my sweet Beckett at closing.Thanks so much to everyone for your support!!!
xoxo

9 comments:

  1. Love the tutu's! I'm so proud of you for this! What an amazing weekend! You definitely are doing your part and that is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have been waiting for this post! i love it. i am so proud of you for doing this walk! what an amazing experience. maybe one day I can walk it with you to honor both of our moms!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO PROUD of you! WOW. What an accomplishment. I am so glad to hear what an awesome experience it was too. Way to go girl. And PS you look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so inspiring! I am totally ready to march on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Margie! Had a blast doing this with you! Hope to do it again next year in one way or another - with you of course. Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO amazing. You are such an inspiration for all your hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. your mom would be so proud Margaret. it's awesome that you did that and that you feel so passionate about this cause. so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Margaret! What an incredible experience. Thanks for sharing this and for working so hard to train and raise money for such a worthy cause!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations, Margaret! I'm proud of you and Katie too. The tutus were a cute touch, and pink too.

    ReplyDelete