05 November 2009

5th Annual Pumpkin Carving Contest

Happy Hallo.....This weekend we had our 5th Annual Pumpkin Carving Contest...5th annual!!! This party started on our front porch of our West Asheville bungalow with about 5 friends and has grown every year. This year we had about 40 people come even though the rain was coming down. It really was a blast and as usual we had some stiff competition for the beloved prize. I am sad to say that I do not have any pictures of the winning pumpkin but the winners this year were....
drum roll please......


Sunday and Worth Grant!!! Yay! Their pumpkin was really awesome and I know they were thrilled to get the turkey to display in their house ALL year. (watch out Sunday because I will be checking and Matt will be making surprise visits too :))

Here are some photos of the party (most are courtesy of my sister, Bets)....

treats for the little ones

our little skeleton
Friends, Family, and Fun
(we are missing quite a few like a flower, fireman, pirate, scary skater, and many more)


Thanks so much to everyone for coming out on such a yucky day. Thanks also to those who brought treats. I appreciate you all so MUCH!! Another great year with lots of great friends and family. We hope this tradition continues for many years to come.

6 comments:

  1. It was so much fun! Hopefully I'll be back for year 6!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was SO much fun!!! i love that party. great pictures too Bets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for hosting an awesome party! We had alot of fun and ate way too much sugar! Great pictures! I have such a sad little cupcake in that one. That soup was so good I was cold on the way home and ate it in the car it was just what I needed:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. margaret you are awesome, that looks so great. i love the kiddos candy table, wow. sad we missed it, again.
    i can't believe how big your little skeleton has gotten and you look beautiful, i love your short hair.
    glad you guys had a great halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had so much fun, Margaret! Such a great way to spend Halloween! Thanks for working so hard to make it a great party in spite of the weather conditions. It was so good to see Beckett too. I haven't seen him in so long and I loved getting to see some of his little personality. He is so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you guys had a blast!! Beckett, of course, is the most adorable little skeleton!!! Fancy candy table too!!! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete