30 November 2009

giving thanks

We had another fantastic thanksgiving here in Asheville.  Almost all of my side of the family came in but we missed those of you who could not make it.  What a feast we had.  Matt smoked a 20lb turkey, we had roasted garlic sausage stuffing(my little sis Bets and I made this and I must say it will be a tradition for years to come), mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, brussel sprouts, green bean casserole, mema's gravy, pumpkin pie, apple pie, and cherry chocolate pie.  Wow, it makes my pants feel tight just typing that.  We have been eating leftovers for days and it is so good that I am not sick of it yet.  Thanks so much to everyone for making it such a wonderful time...I am so thankful for my family!!

Beckett turned 8 months old on thanksgiving day and we are so thankful for this sweet little boy.  He is so full of life and is already on the go....he is moving so much.  Not quite crawling but really boogey-ing.  He looks like a little inchworm...a really fast one!  I know as soon as he crawls my life is going to change but I am just so proud when he starts to do new things.  He also says dada all the time, has learned that he can bounce in the exersaucer (video coming soon I promise...I have had some technical difficulties on the software that came with our video camera), loves eating cheerios, cheese, bananas, and is showing a little bit of a temper at times (hate to say it but think he takes after his momma).

This post is long overdue so here are a bunch of pictures of our trip to Concord the weekend before last, thanksgiving, our visit with Andy, Amanda, and Savannah, and many more (many are courtesy of my sis Bets...her pics are so good!!).
Hope you enjoy :)


Our visit with Meme and Granddaddy

 


Beckett's 1st Thanksgiving




Cousin Addie spontaneously dancing at Starbucks just to get Beckett to laugh...so cute!













Visit with Andy, Amanda, Savannah, and Gigi

 


Sweet Ad making all the placecards for Thanksgiving dinner




Our big boy



5 comments:

  1. GREAT pictures!!! look at him up on all 4's and standing up. what a big boy!!! it has gone by way too fast. cant wait to see you guys soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos. Really beautiful of Savannah and of course Beckett and Addie. I'm so sad we weren't there. Looks like an amazing time, as always!!! WE LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a good thanksgiving! Beckett is just continually out-cuteing himself! Good to see pictures of cute little Addie, I feel like I have heard so much about her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, Beckett is so big now! He's precious! I loved seeing all of the pictures it makes me feel like I'm in on all of the wonderful fun you are having. Miss you guys!!! Can't wait to be hanging up there in the mountains again one day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. margaret he is gorgeous! what a sweet lil guy he is and i am loving the chunky cheeks. he and buxton are going to have a ball when they get to play (hopefully soon!). xoxo

    ReplyDelete